It was the most quiet Christmas and New Year celebration I’ve spent. Before moving to Canada, the holidays were spent with relatives. We would fly to my mother’s hometown and spend a week with her side of the family. I always loved the loud bang of the fireworks and how happy everybody was feeling thankful for all the blessings that we received for the year. We would have a big dinner and prepared games and gave gifts to everybody.
This year, since we don’t have any relatives here (aside from my aunt, my mom’s sister, and uncle who flew back to the Philippines for vacation), we only spent it by ourselves. I’m happy even though it was just us because at least we were complete. It’s definitely one of the most memorable.
It was memorable also because I lost my phone and tried hiding it from my parents for 3 days until I somehow convinced my mom to buy a new phone for Boxing Day! She found out…but I also found out I still have my insurance so I’m getting a new one. Again!!!
Merry Christmas, indeed!
2017 Highlights ❤
- First Dine Out Vancouver!
- Went to Harrison Lake and Bridal Veil Falls with Ate Charla and Giz (and Giz’s high-heeled boots on a snowy hill)
- Spending Valentine’s Day with my beagle – ate Charla!
- Celebrating Vanessa’s 23rd
- Supposed to be a sunny day turned windy/rainy going to Hope to visit the Othello Tunnel that was closed
- Photoshoot with the Cherry Blossoms at Queen Elizabeth park
- Seeing Jenny Han live!!!
- Watching the sunset at Whytecliff Park (definitely one of my favourites)
- Hiking (twice) at Murrin Provincial Park and having brunch at Squamish
- Witnessed the famous Shannon Falls
- Conquered Joffre Lakes, all three lakes! Breath-taking, 10/10 would hike it again ❤
- Picnic at Allouette Lake with my second family
- Fancy dinner at Glowbal for Monique’s 22nd
- Boodle Fight hosted by the Fernandez family
- Meeting Ali 🙂
- Bear-watching at Minnekhada Regional Park
- Feeling like a child at Vancouver Aquarium with my parents!
- Field trip kind of date at Science World
- First time crossing the USA border. Hello, Washington! (1 state down, 49 more to go!)
- Richmond Night Market – always every year
- ahhhhh Jollibee after so long with Mon and Reza
- 360 degree view of Vancouver at the Vancouver lookout
- Spending a memorable Thanksgiving dinner at the Canosa’s
- Getting crazy scared at PNE: Fright Nights at Playland
- Receiving a bouquet of flowers <3333
- Weekend getaway at Victoria
- Dressing up for Halloween
- Our epic emoji get-up for work
- Celebrating my 25th birthday
- 2017 TNM Christmas Party
- Working 2 jobs :O
- Going to the Vancouver Christmas Market and getting soaked because of the rain
- Receiving my Fujifilm camera from Ali (!!!!!!!!!!!)
This year I’m hoping I can work harder on going back to school and continue going to the gym and to choose healthier options. I will strive to work on prioritizing my own needs and think about my happiness more.
To the people I met this 2017, please still stay with me this 2018. To the people I will meet this year, hello! I’m awkward but I’m friendly!